1. How did humans acquire here in the an initial place?“The mr God formed man the the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath the life; and man came to be a living being” (Genesis 2:7).
You are watching: Do the dead know what the living is doing
Answer:God made us from dust in the beginning.
2. What happens as soon as a human dies?“Then the dust will return to the planet as it was, and the soul will return to God who provided it” (Ecclesiastes 12:7).Answer:The body transforms to dust again, and the heart goes back to God, who offered it. The heart of every human who dies—whether saved or unsaved—returns come God in ~ death.
3. What is the “spirit” the returns come God in ~ death?“The human body without the spirit is dead” (James 2:26). “The soul of God is in my nostrils” (Job 27:3 KJV).Answer:The soul that return to God at fatality is the breath of life. I do not have anything in every one of God’s publication does the “spirit” have any kind of life, wisdom, or feeling after a human being dies. The is the “breath the life” and also nothing more.
4. What is a "soul"?“The lord God developed man the the dust the the ground, and also breathed right into his nostrils the breath that life; and also man became a life soul” (Genesis 2:7 KJV).Answer:A spirit is a living being. A soul is constantly a combination of two things: human body plus breath. A soul cannot exist unless body and breath are combined. God’s word teaches that we are souls—not the we have souls.
5. Execute souls die?“The heart that sinneth, it shall die” (Ezekiel 18:20 KJV). “Every life soul died in the sea” (Revelation 16:3 KJV).Answer:According to God’s Word, souls perform die! We room souls, and souls die. Male is mortal (Job 4:17). Only God is immortal (1 Timothy 6:15, 16). The principle of an undying, immortal soul is not discovered in the Bible, i beg your pardon teaches that souls are subject to death.
The Bible says that King David will be in god’s kingdom, yet that that is in his tomb now, whereby he awaits the resurrection.
6. Do great people go to heaven as soon as they die?“All who are in the tombs will listen His voice and also come forth” (John 5:28, 29). “David … is both dead and buried, and also his tomb is v us come this day. … for David did not ascend into the heavens” (Acts 2:29, 34). “If ns wait, the tomb is mine house” (Job 17:13 KJV).Answer:No. Civilization do not go to sky or to hell at death. Castle don’t walk anywhere—but they wait in their tombs for the resurrection.
7. Just how much does one recognize or recognize after death?“The living recognize that they will die; however the dead recognize nothing, and they have actually no an ext reward, for the storage of them is forgotten. Likewise their love, their hatred, and also their envy have now perished; nevermore will certainly they have actually a re-superstructure in anything excellent under the sun. … over there is no job-related or machine or expertise or wisdom in the grave where you room going” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10). “The dead carry out not praise the Lord” (Psalm 115:17).Answer:God states that the dead know absolutely nothing!
8. But can’t the dead connect with the living, and also aren’t they conscious of what the living room doing?“Man lies down and does no rise. It spins the heavens room no more, they will certainly not awake nor be roused from your sleep. … His sons come to honor, and he walk not know it; they are brought low, and he does no perceive it” (Job 14:12, 21). “Nevermore will certainly they have actually a re-superstructure in anything done under the sun” (Ecclesiastes 9:6).Answer:No. The dead cannot call the living, nor carry out they recognize what the living space doing. They space dead. Your thoughts have perished (Psalm 146:4 KJV).
9. Jesus referred to as the unconscious state of the dead “sleep” in john 11:11–14. How long will certainly they sleep?“Man lies down and also does no rise. It spins the heavens room no more” (Job 14:12). “The day of the Lord will come … in i m sorry the heavens will certainly pass away” (2 Peter 3:10).Answer: The dead will sleep till the great day of the lord at the end of the world. In death humans are totally unconscious v no task or expertise of any kind of kind.
10. What happens to the righteous dead at the second coming that Christ?“Behold, ns am coming quickly, and also My prize is with Me, to provide to every one follow to his work” (Revelation 22:12). “The mr Himself will certainly descend indigenous heaven with a shout. … and also the dead in Christ will rise. … and thus we shall always be v the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17). “We shall every be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of one eye … and the dead will certainly be increased incorruptible. … because that this corruptible need to put ~ above incorruption, and this mortal need to put ~ above immortality” (1 Corinthians 15:51–53).Answer:They will be rewarded. They will certainly be raised, offered immortal bodies, and caught up to accomplish the lord in the air. There would be no objective in a resurrection if world were taken to heaven at death.
11. What to be the devil’s an initial lie on Earth?“The serpent claimed to the woman, ‘You will not certain die’ ” (Genesis 3:4). “That serpent the old, dubbed the Devil and Satan” (Revelation 12:9).Answer: You will certainly not die.
12. Why did the evil one lie come Eve about death? might this topic be more important than we think?Answer:The devil’s lie the we will not die is just one of the pillars the his teachings. For thousands of years, that has operated powerful, deceptive miracles come trick civilization into thinking they room receiving message from the spirits of the dead. (Examples: Magicians of Egypt—Exodus 7:11; mrs of Endor—1 Samuel 28:3–25; Sorcerers—Daniel 2:2; A slave girl—Acts 16:16–18.)A Solemn WarningIn the near future, Satan will again use sorcery—as he did in the prophet Daniel’s day—to deceive the human being (Revelation 18:23). Sorcery is a supernatural agency that cases to obtain its power and wisdom native the soul of the dead.Posing together Jesus" DisciplesPosing as godly love ones who have actually died, saintly clergymen that are now dead, holy bible prophets, or also the apostle of Christ (2 Corinthians 11:13), Satan and his angels will deceive billions. Those who believe the dead room alive, in any form, will likely be deceived.
13. Carry out devils really job-related miracles?“For they space the soul of devils, working miracles” (Revelation 16:14, KJV). “False christs and false prophets will certainly rise and show great signs and also wonders come deceive, if possible, also the elect” (Matthew 24:24).Answer:Yes indeed! Devils work exceptionally convincing miracles (Revelation 13:13, 14). Satan will show up as an angel of irradiate (2 Corinthians 11:14) and, even much more shocking, as Christ himself (Matthew 24:23, 24). The global feeling will be the Christ and His angels room leading out in a fantastic global revival. The entire focus will seem so spiritual and also be so mythological that only God’s elect will not be deceived.
14. Why will certainly God"s people not it is in deceived?“They received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to uncover out even if it is these points were so” (Acts 17:11). “If they carry out not speak according to this word, the is because there is no light in them” (Isaiah 8:20).Answer:God’s civilization will understand from their examine of His book that the dead are dead, not alive. They will understand that a “spirit” claiming to it is in a deceased love one is really a devil! God’s world will refuse all teachers and miracle employees who claim to get special “light” or work-related miracles by contacting the spirits of the dead. And God’s people will an in similar way reject together dangerous and false all teachings that claim the dead room alive in any kind of form, anywhere.
15. Ago in Moses’ day, what walk God command should be excellent to people who taught that the dead were alive?“A guy or a woman who is a medium, or who has familiar spirits, chandelier surely be put to death; lock shall rock them v stones” (Leviticus 20:27).Answer:God insisted that mediums and also others v “familiar spirits” (who claimed to be able to contact the dead) must be stoned to death. This shows exactly how God regards the false teaching the the dead space alive.
16. Will certainly the righteous civilization who are elevated in the resurrection ever before die again?“Those who are counted worthy to obtain that age, and the resurrection from the dead … nor have the right to they die anymore” (Luke 20:35, 36). “God will certainly wipe far every tear from your eyes; over there shall it is in no much more death, no one sorrow, no one crying. There shall be no an ext pain, for the former things have passed away” (Revelation 21:4).
Answer:No! Death, sorrow, crying, and tragedy will never get in into God’s brand-new kingdom. “When this corruptible has actually put ~ above incorruption, and also this mortal has put top top immortality, then shall be carried to happen the saying that is written: ‘Death is swallowed increase in victory’ ” (1 Corinthians 15:54).
17. Belief in reincarnation is widening rapidly today. Is this to teach biblical?“The living understand that they will die; yet the dead understand nothing. … Nevermore will they have a re-publishing in anything done under the sun” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6).Answer:Almost half the world on earth believe in reincarnation, a teaching the the soul never dies but is rather continually reborn in a various kind the body through each doing well generation. This teaching, however, is contrary to Scripture.The bible SaysAfter fatality a person: returns to dust (Psalms 104:29), to know nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5), own no mental powers (Psalms 146:4), has actually nothing to execute with anything on planet (Ecclesiastes 9:6), does not live (2 monarchs 20:1), waits in the grave (Job 17:13), and continues not (Job 14:1, 2). Satan"s InventionWe learned in questions 11 and 12 that Satan invented the teaching the the dead room alive. Reincarnation, channeling, interaction with spirits, spirit worship, and also the "undying soul" space all inventions of Satan, with one aim to convince people that when you dice you space not yes, really dead. When people believe that the dead space alive, "spirits that devils, working miracles" (Revelation 16:14) and also posing together spirits of the dead will have the ability to deceive and also lead castle astray practically 100 percent of the time (Matthew 24:24).
18. Are you thankful because that the Bible, i m sorry tells us the fact on this sensitive topic of death?Answer:
1. Didn’t the thief top top the cross walk to paradise v Christ the day He diedNo. In fact, top top Sunday morning Jesus said to Mary, “I have actually not however ascended to mine Father” (John 20:17). This mirrors that Christ did not go to heaven at death. It’s important to note that the punctuation we see in the holy bible today is not original, but added centuries later by translators. The comma in Luke 23:43 would be much better placed after the word “today” quite than before, so that the i reads, “Assuredly, ns say come you today, you will be through Me in Paradise.” Another method to placed this city that provides sense in the immediate context is: “I’m telling you today—when it appears that I can save no one, when I Myself am being crucified as a criminal—I provide you the assurance this day that you will certainly be with me in Paradise.” Christ’s kingdom that glory will be collection up in ~ His second coming (Matthew 25:31), and also the righteous of all periods will go into it at the time (1 Thessalonians 4:15–17) and also not at death.
2. Doesn’t the bible speak that the “undying,” “immortal” soul?No. The undying, immortal heart is not stated in the Bible. The word “immortal” is found only once in the Bible, and also it is in recommendation to God (1 Timothy 1:17).
3. At death the body returns to dust and also the heart (or breath) returns to God. Yet where does the soul go?It goes nowhere. Instead, it just ceases to exist. Two things should be an unified to do a soul: body and also breath. As soon as the breath departs, the spirit ceases come exist since it is a combination of two things. When you revolve off a light, where does the irradiate go? the doesn’t go anywhere. It just ceases come exist. Two points must incorporate to make a light: a bulb and also electricity. There is no the combination, a irradiate is impossible. So v the soul; unless body and breath room combined, there deserve to be no soul. Over there is no such thing as a “disembodied soul.”
4. Does words “soul” ever mean anything other than a life being?Yes. It may mean additionally (1) life itself, or (2) the mind, or intellect. No issue which meaning is intended, the soul is tho a mix of two things (body and breath), and also it end to exist in ~ death.
5. Deserve to you define John 11:26: “Whoever lives and believes in Me shall never ever die”?This refers not to the very first death, i m sorry all civilization die (Hebrews 9:27), yet to the second death, which only the evil die and from which there is no resurrection (Revelation 2:11; 21:8).
6. Matthew 10:28 says, “Do not fear those that kill the body but cannot death the soul.” doesn’t this prove the the soul is undying?No. It proves the opposite. The last fifty percent of the exact same verse proves that souls do die. That says, “Rather are afraid Him who is may be to ruin both soul and also body in hell.” the word “soul” here means life and refers to eternal life, i beg your pardon is a gift (Romans 6:23) that will certainly be offered to the righteous at the critical day (John 6:54). No one can take away the eternal life the God bestows. (See also Luke 12:4, 5.)
7. No 1 Peter 4:6 say the gospel was preached to dead people?No. It says the gospel “was” preached to those who “are” dead. They space dead now, however the gospel “was” taught to castle while castle were however living.
Quiz Questions1. The bible speaks of death as (1)_____A sleep. _____A readjust to a different kind of life. _____An unsure mystery. 2. The "spirit" that returns come God at death is (1)_____A person"s real inner self. _____The soul. _____The breath of life. 3. A human being who dies goes to (1)_____Heaven or hell. _____The grave. _____Purgatory. 4. A soul is (1)_____A person"s spirituality nature. _____The undying component of a person. _____A living being. 5. Execute souls die? (1)_____Yes. _____No. 6. When are the righteous rewarded? (1)_____In this life. _____At death. _____At the second coming that Christ. 7. Why go Satan shot to deceive human being by informing them the dead are not dead? (1)_____So they will think his miracles and also be deceived and lost. _____Because he feels sorry because that them. _____Because the is simply mean and wicked. 8. Individuals who "communicate" v the dead room actually talking with (1)_____Immortal souls. _____Holy angels. _____Evil spirits impersonating the deceased. 9. In Moses" day God commanded that all who taught that the dead are alive be (1)_____Made priests. _____Honored for their wisdom. _____Killed. 10. How can a person be certain he is safe and also right? (1)_____Ask God because that a special authorize from heaven. _____Do what the preacher or minister says to do. _____Study the holy bible prayerfully and also carefully and also follow it. 11. When a human being dies (1)_____His spirit, or soul, remains alive. _____He is maybe to watch the living and also contact them. _____He is dead in every way--the human body dies, the soul ceases to exist, and also no contact with the life is possible. 12. Are miracles proof that something is of God? (1)_____Yes. Only God deserve to work miracles. _____No. The devil likewise works great miracles. 13. Ns am thankful for the Bible, i beg your pardon tells us the reality on this sensitive subject.
See more: Does Ketogenic Diet Cause Heart Disease, A Cardiologist'S Take On The Keto Diet