Wait, exactly how much go a Disney cruise cost? that is the inquiry many world ask and also then have sticker shock once they view the average cost of a Disney Cruise. Disney cruises room usually double or triple the price of traditional family cruise lines favor Royal Caribbean, Carnival Cruise Line, or Norwegian Cruise Line, however they stay a popular choice for family members who love Disney and love to cruise. These magical trips execute not come cheap. For this reason why do people publication Disney Cruise Line and also choose to pay so much more? The price is simple. You obtain what you pay for! The Disney cruise suffer is unlike the competition. I also think the a Disney Cruise is much better than a Disney vacation! While ns am constantly a proponent of saving money, the worth you obtain for what you invest is worthwhile, and it is among the few things ns splurge on. So, is a Disney cruise worth it? correct
The genuine Answer: how Much is a Disney Cruise?
Is a Disney Cruise precious it? correctly – this is why
1. Disney EverywhereThe theming aboard Disney Cruise heat is spectacular. Indigenous the 2nd you room welcomed plank by the crew, girlfriend walk right into a huge atrium filled through Disney style. The artwork on every ship is masterfully crafted through Disney memorabilia and also design. Even the staircases, elevators, banisters, irradiate fixtures, bathrooms, and carpet all have a Disney element, yet it not over the height or in your face. The Disney decor is excellent tastefully and sleek. Because that someone that loves Disney, her time invested aboard this ship will feel magical.
2. Personality Meet and also GreetsThis is one huge area where Disney Cruise heat excels. They sell character meet and also greets every job while onboard and also during port hrs at every times the the day with minimal wait. As soon as you space visiting any type of one of the Disney Parks, wait in line is almost guaranteed. Over there are also Fastpass tickets because that guests to satisfy a variety of Disney characters, which finish up cutting into your drive time on renowned attractions. Through checking her Disney Cruise line Navigator App, guests can see what characters will it is in in details areas in ~ what specific time. The longest a guest will wait is around 10-15 minutes. While the actors of characters varies slightly on each ship, many of the characters are the ones girlfriend would intend to appear. This is a large perk that makes a Disney cruise experience special.Often personalities are pull in themed outfits. For example, on Pirate Night, Mickey and also friends undertake pirate gear, when on the formal evening, lock wear tuxedos and evening gowns. Characters likewise make appearances on Disney’s exclusive island, Castaway Cay, in the Bahamas. Right here you can discover Goofy, Donald and even Stitch wearing board shorts. ~ above Halloween themed cruises, the personalities themselves stay “costumes” too. Because that those ~ above a europe sailing, the personalities even have actually that one-of-a-kind touch. For example, Goofy dresses like a Venetian gondolier. Another great part about the personality meet and greets are the special group ones. Many ships will have a one-of-a-kind Princess Meet and Greet where 6-8 Disney Princesses gather and greet guests individually in the lobby or a designated area. They also have a Frozen Meet and also Greet too where you deserve to talk and also take photos with Anna and Elsa on particular sailings. Over there are also Character Breakfasts on select sailings through the classic gang or Disney Junior characters which space all contained in your price. Be sure to reserve a complimentary ticket ~ above the DCL Navigator application beforehand or at the recent on the an initial day of her cruise as they room limited.
You are watching: Disney cruise prices for family of 6
If you happen to be cruising on a Star Wars, Marvel or Pixar themed cruise, then your character meet and also greets will be even much more unique. When nothing matches Disney’s characters, other cruise lines have come up through some competition. Carnival has actually partnered through Dr. Seuss, imperial Caribbean has DreamWorks characters, and also Nickelodeon recently finished its partnership with Norwegian Cruise Line. Clearly, if you gain characters, a Disney cruise suffer is a must do!Perhaps mine favorite component about these meet and also greets is the fist to information that every character takes through the guests. Mine daughter danced through Peter Pan, had actually a lengthy conversation through Princess Aurora and also sat on eye White’s lap. The characters on the ship take your time with you and do not rush you off as they execute in the Disney Parks. This small touch made mine daughter feel extra special, and also nothing made she happier than communicating with those characters.
3. Disney ShipsTo date, over there are four Disney ships. The two smaller ones, with almost 900 staterooms room the Wonder and Magic. Both pearls were newly updated due to the fact that they debuted in 1998-99. The bigger ships, with 1,250 staterooms, room the more recent class, Dream and Fantasy. I have been on all 4 Disney ships and also can phone call you that I have loved each of them for a various reason. They are all contemporary looking, classic, upscale, however casual (meaning they no stuffy). You feel together if you room on a luxury liner, yet are complimentary to be yourself and enjoy it. In 2022, the newest ship, Disney Wish will be setup sail. It will certainly be slightly bigger than the Dream and also the Fantasy.No matter which delivery you choose, all 4 have their own distinct qualities, but they every retain the very same Disney charm. The deciding factor may simply be the ships’ port of call and also itinerary. The two larger ships, the Dream and also Fantasy carry out offer a little more in terms of entertainment just since they have an ext space for much more activities. Click on each ship’s link below to glance at the various dining options, shows, themed spaces, and entertainment offered.
Compare Disney Cruise Ships:If you would like to to compare Disney cruise ships below is a list of the 4 ships, their itineraries, deck plans, entertainment, dining offerings, and more:Disney MagicDisney WonderDisney DreamDisney Fantasy
4. Dining ExperiencesAnother great part of the Disney Cruise experience is dining. Disney calls their dining service – rotational dining. Every ship has actually three key dining rooms that rotate nightly relying on the size of your cruise (your wait employee rotates with you). Naturally, the food selection is themed to the decor the the restaurant, and let me tell you that every one of the Disney Cruise restaurants are fantastic! Lumiere’s serves mostly French cuisine, Tiana’s place is centered about Southern/Cajun food and also the rather (Triton’s and also Cinderella’s imperial Table) are more classic menus.For me, the best dining experience can be found at Animator’s Palate. No issue which Disney delivery you cruise on, this restaurant is a staple. Once you arrive at your assigned seating, the restaurant is filled with empty black and white sketches of well-known Disney characters. As the enjoy the meal progresses, those sketches turn to color. Over there are likewise interactive video clip screens with Crush. The surfer turtle chats with members of her table and tells jokes about underwater life. On longer cruises, the 2nd night in ~ Animator’s Palate can not be missed. Guest are given a blank page to lay out on and also then it it s okay turned in to your server. Prior to the night ends, your sketches room on the walls and also brought come life by the magic the Disney animation!In enhancement to the three key nightly restaurants, during the day you are totally free to have breakfast or having lunch at one of the dining restaurants mentioned above or at a much more casual setup on the top decks. Cabanas is the key buffet restaurant located in the top deck through the pools. They offer all 3 meals in a buffet layout with lot of of delicious offerings for kids and also adults. Youngsters will likewise love the small hamburger, warm dog, pizza, and ice cream booths top top the same deck area open most of the day. All of these alternatives are a great reason why households pay an ext to take a Disney cruise.Disney additionally offers a program dubbed Dine and also Play. It is provided at no additional cost and is readily available to family members with kids during the 2nd seating (8 pm dinner seating). You just tell her server front of time and they will bring out the main meal because that the children while parents have actually appetizers. As soon as your children are done, among the Youth society counselors will pick castle up and walk them come the Oceaneer’s Club. Parents are now cost-free to have the remainder of the dinner service to themselves. Imperial Caribbean has a similar program, but it is only offered the very first seating of dinner.
Check out: Ultimate overview to Disney Cruise Food
5. Youth ClubsIf ever before there was solution to “why take a Disney cruise?”, this is the reason. The youth clubs are phenomenal! castle are broken down right into three period groups: 6 months – 3 years old in ~ the tiny World Nursery, 4-12 years old at the Oceaneer’s Lab and also Club, 11-14 year old in ~ Edge, and 14-17 years old at Vibe. While ns only have actually experience through the Oceaneer’s Lab and also Club, I understand from friends the the others space equally as enjoyable.The Oceaneer’s Club and also Lab are truly a part of sky for kids. While each ship is contempt different, the offerings and the treatment taken by the counselors room spot on. Kids check-in v a magic band and also parents need to drop off and pick up making use of a password. Girlfriend can additionally stop by come check-in and the counselor increase front will check the GPS and also tell girlfriend what area your kid is in. Ns literally had actually to traction my youngsters out of there many of the time because they were having actually so much fun playing games, tracing characters, building crafts, law a scientific research experiment, cooking, dancing v a Disney character, play dress up, or having actually a late night pajama party. I cannot say enough an excellent things around this play room and the variety of points to execute for kids.
6. Daytime and also Nighttime EntertainmentDisney cruises are filled with both daytime and also nighttime entertainment for the whole family. Native pools to deck parties, and also live shows to personality experiences, there are a wealth of tasks to do while in port or in ~ sea. In bespeak to uncover out all of the day’s activities or upcoming activities, open up your DCL Navigator App and find the an individual Navigator. You deserve to “heart” what you space interested in and the app will educate you 15 minutes prior to so you don’t miss the display or activity. Disney Cruise Line supplied to print out a file version the the an individual Navigator, and also housekeeping would leave it on her bed in ~ night. Now, that is online; however, you have the right to request a record copy at the concierge or periodically they have them on display screen in the lobby ~ dinner.One unique element of the Disney Cruise heat is that there are no casinos onboard. This is one of two people a good thing for you or not. Ns personally love the there is no casino, as it gives much more room for various other fun activities, however I recognize there are civilization who love come cruise due to the fact that of the casino component.While the prices because that a Disney cruise have the right to be substantial, Disney uses so lot entertainment for the money spent. A good way come take advantage of this is come watch right now playing or freshly released Disney movie in the Buena Vista Theater. My household was may be to clock Star battles movies, Marvel movies and also Pixar movies that had actually recently remained in theaters and also one the was at this time out in theaters. It was amazing and also free!During the work my youngsters enjoyed play mini-golf (only readily available on the largest ships Dream and Fantasy), table tennis, shuffleboard, and basketball. Lock rode the waterslides, played in the pool and also splash locations with their small cousin and also watched a movie on the pool deck. My husband and also I either played through them or plan a tequila tasting approximately the time they were checked into the Oceaneer’s Club.The deck parties and also fireworks at sea are also fun tasks for families. Youngsters will love singing and dancing with actors members and characters at the cruising Away Party and also the bye Party. ~ above the Caribbean and Bahamas cruises, there is a beautiful Fireworks in ~ Sea present with themed music and also a an excellent little story; however, the is generally at 9PM, and also when our kids were toddlers castle couldn’t continue to be awake. At night, us took images with characters, played family members trivia gamings in the D Lounge and also watched part spectacular Broadway-style shows like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen or Tangled. There were also amazing sing-alongs from classic Disney movies and so numerous Disney characters on stage at the golden Mickeys, twice Charmed, and also Wishes. The just time us did not watch the reflects was once there to be a magician reserved as my children were no interested in that. Guideline – If you room not feeling well or carry out not want to leave her stateroom, you can watch any of the live mirrors from your stateroom TV.
See more: Top 10 Best Dog Groomer Satellite Beach, Fl, Luv On A Leash